The purpose of modern education is not only dissemination of knowledge, but also equipping the students with appropriate set of skills and aptitudes to face the challenges in the society and fulfilling their career dreams as well.
Central University of Karnataka imparts education in different disciplines including professional programs. These programs of this university are designed in such a way so to prepare the students to find their respective role in their real life situation and enable them to face the challenges of professional life. By providing facilities and expertise through its infrastructure and faculties the university facilitates the students to explore and shape their talents. . A wide number of students and researchers of different schools of CUK as of School of Business Studies, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Languages, School of Earth Sciences, School of Physical Sciences, School of Chemical Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Computer Sciences and School of Undergraduate Studies have a quality education which needs to be disseminated in the society.
The Placement Cell of the university is established for securing our students’ future by giving a respectful job and opportunities to them. Thus, the main objective of the cell is to get students placed in reputed multinationals, Government Organizations, NGO's and the private sector. The Placement Cell acts as an interface between the industry and the students, and will primarily enable the students to select from their career options. The Placement Cell will liaison with corporate organizations to provide suitable jobs and internship for the candidates completing their studies from the University.
Simultaneously, it also provides guidance to the students to upgrade their skills, which are required by potential employers in the dynamic environment. The cell organizes numerous programme such as seminars and workshops to enable the students of the University to improve their skills and become successful professionals.
The placement cell of the university provides a place for employers to find manpower suitable for their requirements. We shall facilitate the selection process of all the companies as per their requirement in terms of logistic and infrastructural support.
All students registered with the Placement Cell will be provided placement assistance, counseling for employment and self/social entrepreneurship.
The Placement Cell is committed to the professional progress of Central University of Karnataka students through integrating the career issues within an academic environment for realizing their best possible career path.
The Placement Cell will help the undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph. D. students of Central University of Karnataka through counseling, instructions and training for development of desired skills essential for suitable job profile/ higher education/ self-employment and inviting the Corporate Industries / Research or Academic Institutes/ Commercial Organizations/ Public Sector Undertakings for campus placement.
Ultimate goal is to facilitate the rating of Central University of Karnataka, as one among the best Universities in India in terms of Job Placement through coordination with University Schools covering following faculties: Management, Humanities, Commerce, Social Sciences, Science, Engineering and Technology.
Guest Lecture by Dr. B.S.Revankar, Ex-Director, CEDOK, Dharwad “Entrepreneurship Development” on 13th and 14th April 2015
- One day workshop on “Business Analytics” by Ms.Srujana, Bangaluru on 16th October 2015
- Guest lecture by Mr.Anil, Bangaluru on “Data Analytics” on 6th November 2015
- Established “Entrepreneurship Development and Business Facilitation Centre” on 29th September 2014
- Organised one day workshop on “Role of Entrepreneurship Development for Socio-Economic Change” on 29th September 2014 in the Department of Business Studies. Shri Prasanna, theatre personality, writer and social entrepreneur was the chief guest.
- Prof. Jagadeesh, KSOU, Mysore delivered special lecture on “Entrepreneurship” to the students on 8, 9, 10 & 11 May 2014.
- Prof. Ken Chad, UK, delivered special lecture on “ Customer Centric Enterprises” on 2nd February 2015
- Shri Shri Krishna Murthy delivered special lecture on “Human Resource Development” to the students on 10th April 2013.
- Shri Shri Krishna Murthy delivered special lecture on “Delivery Value for Customers” to the students on 17th and 18th April 2013.
- Prof.Kanti Srikantayya delivered special lectures on “Online Teachin using IT Software” on 16th August 2013.
- Shri. Naganagouda Patil, delivered special lectures on “Micro Finance operations, rating and practices in India” on 9th and 10th December 2013.
- Dr. Harish Hande Magsaysay Award Winner delivered lecture on “Social Entrepreneurship” & interacted with the students & faculty under the banner “Interaction with Scholars” on 18/02/2012.
- Shri V.N. Salimath, Managing Trustee, IDF Financial Services Pvt. Ltd delivered special lecture on “Micro finance & financial inclusion” to the students on 3rd April and 4th April 2012.
- Dr. Chetan Srivastava Associate Professor, Hyderabad Central University delivered special lectures on E-Business to students on 17th and 18th February 2012.
- Prof. A.K.Mukharjee, Allahabad Central University delivered special lecture on “Challenges faced by younger generations” to students on 29th and 30th September 2011.
Soft skills training by Mr.Veeranaraya Kulkarni, Ms.Srujana and Mr. Prbhudev, Dharwad on “Toast Master and Soft Skill Training” on 9th October 2015
- Shri Ramanujam, President, Rudset, Mysore delivered special lectures on “ Personality Development” to the students on 8, 9, 10 & 11 May 2014
- Personality Development & Placement service 74 hours to the students in 2013-14.
- Placement training is given to MBA final year students during the year 2013-14.
- Personality Development & Placement service by Loratis Career School, Bangalore of 74 hours to the students in 2011-12.
ERP Training in Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management for ninety two hours was given to the students by Micro-Pro Ltd., Kolkata in January 2015.
- Seventy four hours of Personality Development and Placement service was given to MBA students by FEEL EMPLOYABLE, CLHRD, a unit of AIM INSIGHTS, Mangalore in January 2015.
- ERP Training in Finance, Marketing & HR of 92 hours to the students by Micro-Pro Ltd, Kolkata in 2013-14.
- ERP Training in Finance, Marketing & HR of 92 hours to the students by Micro-Pro Ltd, Kolkata in 2011-12.
- ING Vysya Bank visited the campus in 2013. Students from Business Administration, Commerce and Economics participated. Students were selected for final placement.
- In 2013 MBA students participated in the recruitment drive M/S Synergy, Bangalore held at Poojya Dodappa Appa Institute of MBA, Gulbarga.
- Axis Bank visited the campus for recruitment. Selected students were given final placement offer
- Willis Re, a multi-national insurance adviser, visited School of Earth Sciences in November 2015
- Global Techno Shiksha visited for campus for placement in March 2016.
- Infothink Technologies visited for campus for placement in March 2016.
Central Library Building
Central University of Karnataka
Aland Road, Kadaganchi,
Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) - 585 367